Sunday, January 20, 2013

Green Card Denied

Amsterdam, 20 January 2013

On November 7, 2013, the day after President Obama was re-elected, our lawyer submitted our application for an I-130 visa.

On Friday 18 of January we received the message that it had taken the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services just 4 weeks to determine that Martha and I, as two women, were not married in the way that U.S. immigration law understands marriage and that the green card is denied.

Come on!

Can you seriously say that our marriage of nearly 12 years, performed in the Netherlands in May 2001, is not really a marriage.

That is absurd.

Marriage is a blessing in my life. I love being married to Martha. I love knowing that we will share our lives, forever, and that people will always support us in keeping our love alive.

How incongruous that the United States law does not respect Martha, while Dutch law does.





No comments:

Post a Comment